26 July 2016

No more maps!

A short post, because I'm basically just working on my powerpoint for Thursday...


This is our museum right now.

Thrilling.
This is what happens when I include all three rooms--that last room only gets storyboarded and a design brief, because I don't have time to give it a real design.

And with that, I think I'm done making iterations of this map.

Hallelujah. 

Steve won't like that I've lumped his idea of control consoles for Smiley and the 12m together into citizen science, but frankly, I worry about making those controls open access to anyone. Because there are problems you can get into with both of those scopes that would damage them and the point of this redesign was a museum experience that doesn't require facilitation! Would it be cool? Yes. Would it be worth damaging the telescopes? No! But we can have computers set up there, with something like Radio Galaxy Zoo, maybe, in case we do want to have somebody standing by to facilitate Smiley or the 12m.

Just something to address while presenting, yeah?

Colleen's work here is done, and Moustache Ben had something come up. So we're now down to three interns.

No comments:

Post a Comment